Cultures of Tolerance and Conflict Resolution in Central Sudan and especially in Khartoum
Module Research Resources:
Resource created by the Understanding Sudan project.
- Darfur Horse Festival. Pictures from the BBC of a traditional equestrian festival that has been revived as a forum for discussing peace and reconciliation.
- L1: Republican Thought. English language version of the Arabic language web site, http://www.alfikra.org/, about the life and teachings of Mahmoud Muhammad Taha.
- Resources on Religion and Tolerance Resources on Sudan from the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs at Georgetown University.
- Sudan: A Musical History. Transcript of a conversation between Afropopís Banning Eyre and Ahmad Sikainga a Professor of African and African America Studies at Ohio State University, on 6 April 2008.
- Sudanese Music and Dance Festival. Article on Sudan music and this festival, which took place on Saturday July 21st, 2007 in Central Park. Provides an overview of some Sudanese musical genres. StaytunedTV.tv will webcast the concert, available online in August 2007. There is also an article about it there.
- War & Peace in Sudan: The Case of the Bejas By Dan Connell, Simmons College. On the SSRC's Crisis in the Horn of Africa site.
- Islam in Sudan. Links to papers and other resources on Islam in Sudan that focus mostly on peace, conflict and democracy. Part of a larger site, Islam and Islamic Studies Resources, by Dr. Alan Godlas, Professor, University of Georgia.
- Eastern Sudan Peace Agreement. Signed in the Eritrean capital, Asmara, between the Sudanese government and the rebel Eastern Front on Saturday 14 October 2006.
International and Area Studies ~ University of California, Berkeley ~ copyright 2009-2011